SOUTHERN TREASURES Czestochowa, Krakow, Wieliczka, Zakopane 5 days trip / 4 nights
- Welcome at the airport by our guide. Arrival at a hotel. Dinner. Overnight stay at a hotel.
- Breakfast. Departure to the famous Black Lady – Queen of Poland Sanctuary in Czestochowa (with the miraculous icon of Black Madonna) and visit to the Jasna Góra Monastery which is unique occasion to grasp the feeling of Polish Catholicism. We will see an amazing way of celebrating the Assumption of the Virgin Mary by about 250 thousand of pilgrims who bless colorful wreaths and bouquets of flowers on that day*. Departure to Krakow and a short walk along Kazimierz. Arrival to the hotel. Dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Breakfast. A guided tour through Krakow: the Wawel Hilll and the Coronation Cathedral, the burial place of kings and famous Poles. Dragon's Den, Old Market Square, Mariacki Church with the tower with the beautiful view of the town, the Cloth Market Hall. Arrival to Zakopane located at the feet of Tatras. Arrival to the hotel. Amazing evening in a regional style restaurant and tasting regional dishes and with highland style music. Arrival to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Then a cable car ride up to Kasprowy Wierch where we will admire the breathtaking panorama of the Tatras. Arrival to the Pieniny National Park, visit to the magnificent Dunajec Castle from XIV century, absolutely exciting and unforgettable adventure - rafting down the Dunajec river, a short walk through the tracks of the Pieniny National Park. Return to the hotel. Dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Departure for the breathtaking Wieliczka Salt Mine featuring among twelve objects on the UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List: extraordinary chambers chiselled out in rock salt , amazing underground saline lakes, majestic timber constructions and unique statues sculpted in salt, the legend about Princess King and a moment for reflection hearing the music of Chopin accompanying a light and sound spectacle on the shores of one of the saline lakes. Transfer to the airport depending on the scheduled departure time.
*The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven according to the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, and parts of Anglicanism, was the bodily taking up of the Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her earthly life and is commonly celebrated on August 15. According to the old folk legend the Virgin Mary fell asleep in the time of the full bloom of nature, flowers, herbs, fruits and vegatables. Therefore, there exists a tradition of bringing wreaths, bouquets of flowers and herbs by worshippers to the churches and blessing them.
|375 €/ p.p.||14-18. 08.2014|
- coach transfer from/to a hotel during the whole trip;
- 4 nights in the hotels ***/****: 1 in Katowice, 1 in Krakow and 2 in Zakopane;
- board: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners including 1 in the restaurant with regional dishes and music in Zakopane;
- performance of a folk group playing highland style music;
- admission fees to all listed atrractions;
- qualified tour leaders and guides;
- The offer was calculated for the group of 20 people.
- The offer was prepared on the basis of the and transport, hotels and admission fees valid on the date 20.12.2013. In the case of the changes of the given prices, the total cost of the trip may be different.
- The order of visited attractions may be changed, but all points of the programme will be realised under the condition that all attractions are available to the visitors.